Created: September 14, 2015
Last Updated: September 14, 2015
BMOBL LLC d/b/a ChatDollars® (“ChatDollars®”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.chatdollars.com/ (“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, keeping, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website (including desktop and mobile versions).
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you interact with this Website through third-party social media platforms.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by ChatDollars® or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from (or on) the Website.
Are minors welcome on our Website?
Our Website is not intended for minors. Only adults at least 18-years old may access this Website. We prohibit all persons who do not meet the age requirements from accessing this Website. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from or about minors, and minors must not access this Website or participate in the ChatDollars® affiliate programs.
In accordance with 47 U.S.C. § 230(d), we notify you that parental control protections (including computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. You may find information about providers of these protections on the Internet by searching “parental control protection” or similar terms. If minors have access to your computer, please restrain their access to sexually explicit material by using any of the following products, which we provide for informational purposes only and do not endorse: CYBERsitter™ | Net Nanny® | CyberPatrol | ASACP.
What types of information do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website or service, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, bank account information, date and year of birth, or any other information that the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under law (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filing in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, signing up for an affiliate account, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your requests. You may be required to provide financial information before receive payments from us.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may keep it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by allowing us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website (and our emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit ChatDollars®, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). If you want to learn more about web beacons, please see www.allaboutcookies.org/web-beacons/.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How do we use your information?
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, programs, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for payment.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any programs or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
With whom do we share your information?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BMOBL LLC’s assets, whether as a going concerning or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BMOBL LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BMOBL LLC, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What choices do you have about how we use and disclose your information?
We strive to provide you with choices about the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Marketing Communications. At this time, we do not intend to send users advertising or marketing materials. If we do in the future, you can opt-out by (1) following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any marketing email you receive from us or (2) sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request removal from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to transactional emails, including service announcements and administrative notices.
How do you access and correct your information?
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How do we protect your personal information?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, change, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canada Privacy Rights
ChatDollars® complies with Canadian Federal and Provincial privacy laws and regulations including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Residents of Canada are notified that the personal information they provide to ChatDollars® is stored in databases outside of Canada including in the United States and may be subject to disclosure to authorized law enforcement or government agencies in response to lawful demand under the laws of that country.
If you need to contact ChatDollars® about your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser. DNT is a way for you to inform websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide you the ability to opt-out. But we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. For more information about DNT signals, you may visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Visiting Our Website from Outside the United States
Links to Third-Party Websites